A column by Bles Carmona
For the week of Dec. 31, 2014-January 6, 2015
HOW TO LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE THIS NEW YEAR: 2015 VERSION
Happy New Year to all of us! Isang Maligaya at Masaganang Bagong Taon po sa inyo! Blessings and light!
Please allow me to share a listicle – by now you know what a listicle is, right? – that I wrote for the online how-to website called eHow.com way back in 2007. I actually based my article on something that I read in the Science of Mind Magazine (www.scienceofmind.org) around that time. When we talk about a New Year-themed article, it may come to assume an element of timelessness since a new year will always be coming and going. Therefore, with some minor tweaks here and there, here’s how to let your light shine this New Year, the 2015 iteration!
The New Year is upon us and it calls upon us to renew ourselves. Come New Year’s Day, with the fireworks and pretty lights sparkling all around you, why don’t you let your inner light glow, too? Should you be struggling to balance yourself on solid ground at this time of the year, here are eight things to help you regain your footing and let your light shine forth!
1. Your situation is temporary. Know that if you don’t like where you are now, then it’s just a place you were meant to go through.
2. Giving thanks is important. Give thanks. Light expands with gratitude. Giving thanks draws positive energy and light into your life, pushing out the darkness and replacing it with power to manifest your dreams and heighten your awareness of life.
3. Make room for positive thoughts. Give the light your hurtful memories, including any victimhood weighing you down. Since light is magnetic, it pulls everything you give it out of the darkness and towards itself. As these negative thoughts dissolve, watch as space is cleared in your mind for more positive thoughts to now occupy, since nature abhors a vacuum. See those positive thoughts take root and grow!
4. Be an encourager. Offer encouragement to others. Your consciousness of the light inside you not only sensitizes you to your own need for encouragement but also makes you aware that others need support, too. Ask yourself, “Who needs a helping hand today?” The Talmud Baba Batra states: “One who gives a coin to a poor person is rewarded with six blessings, but one who encourages that person with words is rewarded with seven blessings.”
5. Forgiveness is powerful. Forgive someone this New Year. The late Nelson Mandela, when asked why he forgave his jailers in Robben Island who kept him prisoner for 27 years, said, “When I walked out of the gate, I know that if I continued to hate these people, I’d still be in prison.” Furthermore, forgive yourself above all.
6. Nurture yourself. Self-care honors the self and sparks illumination. How are you holding yourself in right regard this season? Are you resting enough, laughing enough, smiling at yourself enough? When we give ourselves the gift of care, we can then and only then fulfill our higher purpose here on earth.
7. See beyond appearances. Watch your steps daily and always try to see the great Light in everyone else.
8. Cultivate your Inner Light. Your New Year’s gift to yourself must be to intentionally affirm that it is the Universal Light in you that magnifies the greatest possibilities. As you do, you will function from faith and act from consciousness.
Know that you are the outlet of the Universe’s protection, provision, and power. The powers of peace, truth, and love are within you! This New Year, let the splendor of your light shine forth and light the path before you!
So what’s in store for all of us in 2015? Some financial astrologers are painting a dire picture of the collapse of the dollar, the rise of virtual currencies like Bitcoin, and the re-emergence of gold as the means of economic exchange. Some metaphysical readers, able to tap into the fifth dimension and the Akashic records, say that 2015 is a year of success, definitely much better than 2014 had been. If you ask the victims of Yolanda/Haiyan from two years ago, they may tell you that it’s just more of the same: government inefficiency, lack of livelihood, the basic lack of shelter and food. So you say to yourself: “The forecast for 2015 really depends on who I ask.”
If we were to ask from various sources, then why don’t we try asking for guidance from Tarot cards, the fairies, and the angels? But first, let’s get something from the Devotional Study Bible (NIV) to start things off. Revelation 21:5 states: ‘He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!”’ What a wonderful promise from God, and we don’t even have to wait for the Apocalypse to claim it for our lives and our planet right now.
Now let me draw three cards at random from my Rider-Waite Tarot deck. I picked the Queen of Wands, Two of Cups, and The Chariot. The year 2015 may very well be the year of women (i.e., Queen) with big ideas (Wands=Air=the realm of thoughts) and they will have enough power to implement their projects intended to restore nurture and peace the world over. The Two of Cups denotes a partnership between the masculine and feminine forces within each of us and among groups of people. Thinking laterally, spotting patterns and trends, and interpersonal intelligence will be highly valued. The Chariot is about leaning towards a more conservative direction. It’s the Cancerian card, the focus of which will be the home and family. There is a possibility that old-fashioned family values will clash with avant-garde thinking about the nature of relationships, but it is equally possible that these contrasting values will harmonize. Now here’s an oracle from the Fairies who guard Nature: “Feeling Safe – Any feelings of danger or vulnerability are healing, and they’re replaced with the certain knowledge that you are safe and protected right now.” Affirm this: I am safe. I am secure. I am completely protected at all times. Finally, here’s an oracle from the Angels: “Divine Timing – Pay attention to doors that are opening and shutting for you right now. Walk through doors that open, and learn from the doors that shut.” (Source: Doreen Virtue, Ph.D.’s Healing with the Fairies and the Angels Oracle Cards)
With all these food for thought, I take my leave now and allow you to gather your own faculties and to ask for strength for another year ahead. Remember, let your light shine forth this 2015! Happy New Year!